You’re going to love using your ThermoPop®, here are a few helpful hints so you can be sure to get the most out of your new product…
How to Care for Your ThermoPop
- The best way to extend the life of your ThermoPop is to clean it properly after each use. Wipe it off with a damp, soapy cloth or paper towel. Do not submerge it or put it in the dishwasher.
- Avoid overheating your ThermoPop. Never put the probe directly onto hot coals or into an open flame or liquids over 572°F (300°C). Never leave your ThermoPop inside an oven, grill, smoker, or microwave.
- Store your ThermoPop in a secure place with the protective sheath covering its probe. Sharp knives or other kitchen instruments can cause damage if they jostle around together.
+ Tips for Use
- After you press the on button, your ThermoPop will display the current temperature read from the sensor that is located at the very 1/4-inch end of the tip. If you pinch the tip of the probe, you’ll see the temperature change.
- The temperature in your ThermoPop’s reading will likely constantly be changing. Learn why temperatures don’t “lock in” here.
- For accurate final results, remember that the internal temperature of food usually continues to rise after you remove the food from the heat source—this is called “carryover cooking.”
- Clean the probe immediately after every temperature spot-check to avoid cross contamination.
- Turn on the backlight by pressing the on button on the front of the thermometer.
- Press the rotate button on the back of the ThermoPop to rotate the display 90 degrees.
+ Cooking Projects Perfect for your ThermoPop!
Your ThermoPop is a fun, easy-to-use instant-read digital thermometer that is perfect for so many different cooking applications. Have it handy for grilling, spot-checking internal temperature when smoking or roasting meats, baking bread, and tempering chocolate. Here are just a few blog posts that show how you can use your ThermoPop:
- Cold Weather Grilling: Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- Thermal Tips: Salt-Crusted Cornish Game Hen
- How to Grill Frozen Steaks
- The Difference Between Grilling and BBQ
- Valentine’s Day Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
Get Exceptional Support
If you have questions or need help, please contact our customer care team at 1-800-393-6434.