Easy, fast, tasty shrimp, from Dan Phelps of Learningtosmoke.com, as seen on our video on YouTube.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (16–20 size or larger), thawed if frozen
- Lemon-pepper seasoning or citrusy BBQ rub
- 1/2 C (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 large sprig rosemary
- Use Smoke X2 and Billows to preheat your smoker to 275°F (135°C). Add a small chunk of smoking wood to the coals.
- Array your shrimp in an 8″x8″ pan in three rows, overlapping each shrimp over the previous one.
- Season the shrimp with the citrus rub/lemon pepper.
- Mix the chopped garlic into the butter and pour it all over the seasoned shrimp.
- Cut the lemon into quarters and squeeze one quarter all over the shrimp. (If it isn’t very juicy, squeeze more on!)
- Cut the rosemary sprig in half and lay each half between the rows of shrimp.
- Place the pan of shrimp in the smoker. Probe the shrimp using the other probe from your Smoke X2. Set the high-temp alarm for 120°F (49°C).
- Smoke the shrimp until the high-temp alarm sounds. It should take about 20 minutes.
- Use your Thermapen ONE to verify the temperature of several of the shrimp and remove the pan from the smoker.
- Serve, preferably with more lemon wedges for squeezing and lots of crusty bread for dipping in the lemony, shrimpy, garlicky butter.