Light, fluffy dinner rolls, perfect for any occasion.
- Combine all dry ingredients, including instant yeast, in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment.
- While on low speed, pour the water into the dry mixture.
- Continue mixing on low speed for 4 minutes.
- Stop the mixer and add the softened butter. Mix on low speed to combine. Dough will loosen and become sticky.
- Mix on medium speed for about 4 minutes, or until the dough tightens up again and become elastic.
- Transfer to bowl sprayed with cooking spray and ferment, covered, at room temperature for about 45 minutes, or until doubled bulk.
- After fermenting, turn dough out onto a work surface and scale into 2 oz. portions (about 36 portions).
- Round rolls and arrange on parchment-lined sheet pan. Lightly spray tops of rolls with cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap.
- Proof rolls for about 30-45 minutes at room temperature to reach full proof.
- For increased browning, gently brush with milk or egg wash (optional) before placing in oven.
- Bake in a 365°F (185°C) oven for about 25 minutes to an internal temperature of 200–205°F (93–96°C)
- Cool rolls and serve! If not serving immediately, wrap in plastic and store in the freezer.