Adapted from Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies by King ArthurBaking
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (191°C).
- Whisk together the flour, salt, spices, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl. To ensure a very even mixing, you can sift them together, as well.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer in a large bowl) cream together the butter and sugars until smooth, scraping the bowl sides if needed.
- Add the canned pumpkin, the eggs, and the vanilla to the butter mixture and beat until well combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie batter onto a prepared (greased or parchment-ed) sheet pan using a tablespoon scoop, to make dough balls that are about 1.25″ in diameter.
- Bake the cookies, setting a timer for 18 minutes.
- When the timer sounds, test the internal temperature of the cookies using a Thermapen Mk4. If the cookies haven’t reached 200°F (93°C), close the oven and give them a few more minutes. If the lowest temp you see on the Thermapen display is 200°F (93°C) or even a little above, take the cookies out!
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then move them to a rack to finish cooling.
- Eat them!