For the eggs and filling:
- 12 eggs, steamed, cooled, shelled
- ¼ C mayonnaise
- 1 ½ Tbsp finely diced pepperoncini (about 4 medium peppers)
- 1 Tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce (the sauce only)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- ¼ tsp juice from pepperoncini jar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Pickled jalapeño slices
- BBQ pulled pork
- BBQ rub
Smoke the eggs
- Using your Billows and Smoke X2, preheat your smoker to a mere 170°F (77°C) and add the wood of your choice for smoke. (We liked pecan for this application.)
- Place your peeled, cooked eggs in the smoker and set the timer for 30 minutes. Smoke the eggs.
- Once the timer sounds, remove the eggs from heat and allow them to cool until cool enough to handle.
- Slice the eggs in half along their long axis. Scoop the yolks into a bowl, combine them with the mustards, mayo, pepperoncini, adobo sauce, and juice from the pepperoncini jar. Mash and mix well together with a fork. Season to taste with salt.
- Scoop the mixture into a piping bag or, as we did, a zip-top bag that you can cut a corner off of.
- Pipe the filling back into the egg-cups.
- Top the eggs with pickled jalapeño slices, little mounds of pulled pork, and BBQ rub for that traditional red color. Mix and match toppings as desired.
- Plate them up and serve, but be sure to get your helping early…they won’t be around for long!